We provide women with the necessary skills, resources and opportunities that enable them to establish sustainable livelihood strategies.
IWAP was started in 2020 by a group of women who had faced frustrations in securing employment and establishing businesses, despite having attained higher education. This led to unstable livelihood strategies, mental health problems, lost opportunities and stunted economic growth in their lives. They therefore sort to address these economic inequalities among women & girls through programs that are geared towards economic empowerment.
Vision: Economically empowered women and girls.
Mission: To provide women with the necessary skills, resources and opportunities that enables them to establish sustainable livelihood strategies.
How we do our work: IWAP have strategies that are tailor-made around the following pillars:
- Economic empowerment.
- Psychosocial support.
- Social enterprises.
To be able to achieve its goal, IWAP shall be guided by five principles namely:
- Inclusion by ensuring that every contribution is considered.
- Equity by ensuring that resources and opportunities are allocated according to the need.
- Empathy through treating people in a humane manner.
- Integrity by ensuring transparency and honesty in every aspect.
- Partnership through networking & collaborating with like-minded individuals & organizations.